Traditional Grant Cycle
The FY2017 Traditional grant cycle closed September 9, 2016.
Traditional Round 1 Applications and Awards
- Eligible applicants include nonprofit organizations and government entities
- Projects must occur on public lands or waters or lands protected by a permanent conservation easement
- Competitive grants evaluated with the CPL Evaluation Criteria Table
- Grants from $5,000-$400,000 with a 10% non-state match requirement and a total project cost cap of $575,000
- Projects that protect, restore or enhance forests, wetlands, prairies & habitat for fish, game and wildlife in Minnesota
- Protection projects include fee title and permanent conservation easement acquisitions
- Land acquired in fee must be open to all seasons of hunting and fishing
- Up to 2 rounds of funding (if funding remains from the 1st round) see FY2017 CPL Grant Funding Schedule for deadlines
* A signed Land Manager Review and Approval Form is a required attachment for all applications. The Public Waters Project Form must also be completed and attached if any work will involve public waters.