Expedited Conservation Project Grant Cycle (ECP)
$1 million will be available throughout FY2014 for ECP grants from $5,000 to $50,000 for eligible projects that restore or enhance Minnesota's native habitats. Applications will be accepted continuously from August 1, 2013 until May 14, 2014, with awards being made every other month until all funds are awarded (up to 5 funding rounds). Deadlines for each round are listed in the CPL Grant Funding Schedule. The ECP grant cycle is closed for FY2014. All funds have been awarded.
All ECP projects must be completed on public lands or waters open to all seasons of hunting and fishing. Acquisitions are not eligible for ECP funding due to their complex nature. Funding will be distributed as evenly as possible to each of the 4 habitat types (forest, wetland, prairie, and fish, game or wildlife habitat).
Total project costs may not exceed $575,000. All projects have a 10% non-state match requirement that must be identified at the time of application submission. Please read the ECP RFP below for full project details.
- FY2014 ECP RFP
- ECP Project List
- CPL Grant Funding Schedule
- Land Manager Review and Approval Form
- Public Waters Project Form
See the Project Information Tab for:
- CPL Budget Definitions
- In-kind Information and Rates for Project Match
- Example Partner Commitment Letter
- CPL Eligible and Ineligible Expenses
* A signed Land Manager Review and Approval Form is a required attachment for all applications. The Public Waters Project Form should also be completed and attached if any work will involve public waters.