Education and Safety Training Instructors
Become a certified DNR instructor
DNR Certified Volunteer Safety Instructor opportunities are available in the following areas:
- ATV safety instructors
- Bowhunter education instructors
- Firearms safety instructors
- Snowmobile safety instructors
- Wildlife species instructors
If you are interested in becoming a DNR Certified Volunteer Safety Instructor, the process begins online.
Including Online Students in Your Field Day
As you probably have experienced, many parents are looking for a field day for their child who is completing the online course. They may have contacted you to request their child attend your field day. You can certainly accommodate these students in your field day by requesting them to attend an hour prior to the start of your field day. They could also attend your gun handling session if they have notified you ahead of time.
Here are the basics of what to cover prior to the field day:
- Collect the Field Day Voucher from the student, as proof of completion of the online course.
- Have Parents fill out Parental Release Form for their child/children.
- Administer the 15-Question Quiz (if you need a supply of the Quiz/answer sheet, we can email it to you or send it with your supplies). Ask parents to stay until the quiz has been corrected.
- Reference our Pocket Guide – the information in green is what needs to be covered if including online students into your field day.
These students will now be able to join your classroom students in the scenarios and range activities. If you have questions, please contact your Regional Training Officer or the Safety Training Office at 800-366-8917.
Current Instructor Newsletters
Not signed up to receive our Newsletter? Sign up here - Email Updates
Does your instructor team have your class date, time and location planned out?
Then it's time to submit your class registration information online.
Do you need extra supplies? Or do you need your class marked Full?
Send us an email with your name, class date, county and city your class is held in.
Do you need a form or two for your upcoming class?
Check the instructor resources page or use one of the links below.