CPL Grants - How to Apply
- Use the CPL grant cycle comparison chart to determine which grant cycle best fits your project.
- Read through the FY2017 CPL Request for Proposals for complete program information and requirements.
- Review the CPL Payment Manual for information on the reimbursement process and documentation that will be required.
- Read through the information in the Application Supporting Documents and Information section at the bottom of this page as it applies to your project and activities (Restoration, Enhancement or Acquisition).
- Meet with the Land Manager or Easement Holder responsible for the land on which your project will take place. This person will need to complete the Land Manager Review and Approval Form (required for all projects at time of application submission).
- If your project will take place on a public water, you must also have the DNR Area Hydrologist complete the Public Waters Project Form .
- Use the Project Planning Form as a tool to begin compiling information before the application system opens.
The Application System for all grant cycles (Traditional, Metro, and ECP) opens August 1. The application deadline for Round 1 of all grant cycles is September 9. All applications must be completed using the online application system. Click here to sign up for the CPL listserv to receive an email when information is available.
- CPL Payment Manual
- CPL Evaluation Criteria
- ECP Eligible Projects List
- Public Land Manager Contacts
- Restoration and Enhancement Projects
- Land Acquisition Projects
- Project Planning Form
- Insurance Requirements