Conservation Partners Legacy Grant Program
$3,494,000 million has been appropriated to the Conservation Partners Legacy (CPL) grant program for FY2014. The CPL grant program funds conservation projects that restore, enhance, or protect forests, wetlands, prairies, and habitat for fish, game, and wildlife in Minnesota. The application system for both the Traditional O25/U25 cycle and the Expedited Conservation Projects (ECP) cycle opens August 1, 2013.
New this year is the dedication of $500,000 to projects located within the 7-county metro area or within a city with a population of 50,000 people or greater. Apply through the O25/U25 cycle for these funds. $1 million will be dedicated to the ECP grant cycle, which will be open continuously through May 14, 2014, or until all funds are awarded.
Sign up here for the CPL Listserv and be the first to know when new information is available, including application open and close dates, deadline reminders, and award announcements.
Funding for the CPL grant program is from the Outdoor Heritage Fund, created by the people of Minnesota. The CPL Program was recommended by the L-SOHC to (and approved by) the MN Legislature annually since 2009.
The MN DNR manages this program to provide competitive grants from $5,000 to $400,000 to local, regional, state, and national nonprofit organizations, including government entities.
Information for Grant Applicants
Many of the requirements for this grant program are based on recommendations by the Lessard-Sams Outdoor Heritage Council (LSOHC) to and approved by the Minnesota Legislature. These requirements were incorporated into the DNRs Conservation Partners Grant Program Accomplishment Plan as approved by the LSOHC. Links to all years of legislation and Accomplishment Plans are provided below.
- Minnesota Constitution, Article XI. See Section 15
- FY2014 2013 MN Law Chapter 137, Article 1, See Section 2, Subd. 5 (j)
- FY2013 2012 MN Law Chapter 264, Article 1. See Section 2, Subd. 5i
- FY2012 2011 MN Law First Special Session Chapter 6, Article 1. See Section 2, Subd. 5(g)
- FY2011 2010 MN Law Chapter 361, Article 1. See Section 2, Subd. 5(i)
- FY2010 2009 MN Law Chapter 172, Article 1. See Section 2, Subd.5(a)
- CPL Accomplishment Plans
For more information contact:
Jessica Lee, CPL Grant Program Coordinator
651-259-5233 (St. Paul)
Kelly Lynch Pharis, CPL Natural Resource Specialist
Conservation Partners Legacy Grant
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
Related DNR Programs:
Other Related Programs:
- Lessard-Sams Outdoor Heritage Council
- Clean Water Legacy Fund Grants
- Parks and Trails Legacy Grant Program
- Parks and Trails Legacy Plan