Fort Snelling Memorial Chapel
Fort Snelling Memorial Chapel is a non-demoninational facility. It is owned by the State of Minnesota and administered by Fort Snelling State Park.
Fort Snelling State Park memorial Chapel photo slide show. This slideshow requires the latest version of Adobe Flash Player
Chapel address and directions:
Fort Snelling Memorial Chapel
Historic Fort Snelling, Hwy. 5 & 55
St. Paul, MN 55111
Take the Bloomington Road exit off Hwy 55 and follow signs to chapel.
Open house at the Chapel is from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. on the first and third Sunday of each month, excluding Easter and Christmas. The public is invited to tour the facilities and gather information about using the Chapel.
Phone reservations can be made by calling the park at 612-279-3555 and are taken in the order received.
A reservation includes 3 hours for the wedding and 1 hour for rehearsal.
- Non-Veteran: $600.00
- Veteran: $500.00
- Extra Hour: $150.00
Veteran rates apply only to the bride or groom, if they have been or are currently in the military. Proof must be presented at the time of application.
- Fri: 11 a.m.-2 p.m. or 4 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Sat: 11 a.m.-2 p.m. or 4 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Thurs: 4 p.m.-5 p.m., 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m., 7 p.m.-8 p.m.
Funerals and memorials
Access to chapel island (chapel, chapel grounds and parking lot) will be permitted 30 minutes prior to the rental period. This includes deliveries and setup.
- Non-Veteran: $350.00
- Veteran: $250.00 (Veteran Rates apply to veteran or spouse of the veteran.)
Services are held Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
- April-October: 9 a.m.– 11 a.m. or 12 p.m.-2 p.m.
- November-March: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- The chapel is handicap accessible.
- Maximum capacity 300 people.
- 19 pews on each side. The ends of the pews measure 2.25 inches.
- The center aisle measures 61 feet from the altar to the back pew. You are responsible to rent your own aisle runner. Aisles are 4 feet wide.
- Rail lengths are 79 inches on the lectern side and 84 inches on the pulpit side.
- 2 dressing rooms, each with a private bathroom.
- A concert pipe organ and Clavinova keyboard piano are available for your use. Make arrangements for your own musicians.
- Microphones are located on the pulpit, lectern, and a portable on a stand. Additional amplification is allowed, but not provided. If you need to play CD’s, you must provide your own CD player. There is no sound system.
- Two candelabra are available. Each holds seven standard taper candles (not supplied). There is a table that measures 2 feet by 3 feet and 30 inches in height for the unity candle (unity candle holders are not provided). A table cloth is recommended for this table. Please inquire about all other candle use and restrictions.
- A table is available for a guest book.
- The renter is responsible for all arrangements, including their own clergy/officiant, musicians, vocalists, florists, aisle runner, photographers and or videographers. No wedding coordinator services are available.
- All activities must be completed within the reserved time period: including deliveries, setup, decorating, and cleanup. You are responsible for personal items left in the changing rooms during the ceremony.
- Building must be left in clean condition. All personal items must be removed, including flower boxes and disposable wedding supplies. We are not responsible for any items left at the chapel.
- Parking is provided for guests during the reserved time, only. Vehicles must be removed from the parking lot immediately following the services so that the lot is available for the next reservation. No vehicle may be left in the lot overnight.
- Food and beverages are prohibited in the historic building.
- Nothing may be thrown inside the chapel, or on the grounds, which includes rice, seeds, or flower petals.
- Pets must be leashed and are not allowed inside the building.
- Flags are a permanent fixture and may not be removed for any activity.
Find out more information about Fort Snelling State Park.