2016 Fishing Regulations
Effective March 1, 2016
The online version of the 2016 Fishing Regulations contains the latest corrections to the printed version. Updates may be highlighted with a green arrow and, when necessary, updated text may be underlined. Deleted language that is no longer applicable may appear in a strike-through typeface. You may have to refresh your browser's cache for changes in the PDF file to appear.
- Information for the developmentally disabled or others with accepted disabilities to receive a free license moved to Do I need a free fishing license? - Page 12 [Updated: 3/1/2016]
- Footnote added for asterisk listed in Lake Sturgeon Tags section. - Page 44 [Updated: 9/26/2016]
- Years deleted to make accurate and clarify correct muskellunge season dates. - Page 53 [Updated: 9/26/2016]
- Extraneous descriptive text deleted from lake sturgeon regulation on St. Croix River, Taylors Falls to mouth (including Lake St. Croix). - Page 53 [Updated: 9/26/2016]
- Lake and shovelnose sturgeon regulations clarified. - Page 53 [Updated: 9/26/2016]
- French River (St. Louis County) fish sanctuary borders clarified. - Page 41 [Updated: 10/20/2016]
- Fishing licenses
- Buy a mobile license
- Fishing License Guide (Spanish) / Guía de la licencia de pesca en español
This information is available in an alternative format upon request. E-mail the DNR Information Center at email@example.com or call at (651) 296-6157 or (888) MINNDNR.
This fishing regulations document contains a synopsis of the state fishing laws and regulations. For complete fishing laws and regulations, consult Minnesota Statutes and Rules of the DNR.