Firewise in Minnesota
Is your home Firewise?
As a homeowner you must realize that the threat of wildfire is real. Minnesota alone has more that 2,000 fires a year.
Fire is an inherent danger to having a home in the woods, but that doesn't mean you can't something about it. In fact, you can do more than what you might think to protect your property and your home from the ravages of wildfire. Watch video clip to see how a Firewise home can survive a forest fire.
- Measuring the Fire Hazard of Your Rural or Forest Home
- 50 things you can do to protect your home
- 25 Tips to Make Your Home Firewise
- "Wildfire: Are You and Your Home Prepared?"; -Fire Hazards in Rural or Forest Homes
Publications and Resources
- Firewise Landscaping-A Guide to Protecting Your Home from Wildfire
- External Wildfire Sprinkler System (800kb )
- When a fire approaches (From firewise.org)
- Wildfire...are you prepared? (236Kb)
- Wildfire-Proof Your Home (Conservation Volunteer article, July-August 2002)
- Is your home protected from wildfire? (497Kb)
- Firewise watch outs! (4.5Mb)
- Firewise magnet
- Bookmark with firewise tips
- Home risk assessment form to rate the fire hazard of a homeowners property
- How To Protect Your Home
- Watch outs
- Creating A Firewise Property
- 50 Things You Can Do To Protect Your Home