The DNR's Shallow Lakes Management Plan guides the work of wildlife lake specialists, who:
- provide technical support to field managers
- recommend policy considerations to the Fish and Wildlife division's management team
- represent the division on lake management issues involving the public and other agencies
What we're doing
Find out what we're doing - and what you can do - to help Minnesota's troubled waters.
Our work includes:
- conducting habitat evaluations on lakes across the state annually
- guiding the formal designation of wildlife management lakes, waterfowl feeding and resting areas, refuges and sanctuaries
- identifying lake management problems
- recommending lake management strategies and developing management plans
- assisting citizen participation
- developing and maintaining GIS and database products of current and historical information and distributing them to relevant parties
Management Plans that you can comment on
Plans are in PDF format.