Below are some of the DNR Forestry's publications. More in-depth information are located in DNR Forestry's main site.
Booklets and documents
- Beyond the Suburbs: A Landowner's Guide to Conservation Management
- Urban forestry best management practices
- Connected to Our Roots: 100 Years of Growing Forests in Minnesota. Published Minnesota DNR, Division of Forestry, this book charts the history of Minnesota forestry through text and more than 200 historical photos, charts, and illustrations. Purchase from Minnesota Bookstore.
- Trees of Minnesota, by DNR Forestry, 1997. Field guide to identifying all of Minnesota's 52 native tree species. Purchase from Minnesota's Bookstore
- All About Minnesota's Trees and Shrubs: A Primer
- A Discovery Guide of Forestry Activities for Grades K–9
- A Teachers' Guide to Arbor Month
- Education Posters
Informational sheets and brochures
- Market Place
Market Place is a quarterly newsletter published as a service to Minnesota's forest industry. It features articles of general interest to foresters and those in the wood industry. It also includes free ads for buyers and sellers of forest products.
- Forest Insect and Disease Newsletter
This newsletter is developed as a service to forest managers and shade tree owners.
- School Forest Update
The School Forest Program is the DNR’s outdoor classroom program. The monthly update is designed to encourage outdoor classroom use and distributed to registered school forest sites only.