Seedling ordering information
Orders are accepted from mid-August through mid-May or until supplies are exhausted.
- Orders can be submitted: by mail, fax, phone.
- Payment can be made via: Check, Visa, Mastercard, or Discover.
Seedlings available through this program may only be planted in Minnesota.
Minimum purchase is 500 trees. This purchase may be broken down into increments of 100 of each species.
Government assistance for your tree planting project may be available on a reimbursable basis. Contact your local DNR Forestry office for more details.
Seedlings are packaged in a cardboard box with a plastic liner. The box is approximately 10" x 18" x 30".
Common quantities per box: 500 seedlings; 125 transplant; 250 oaks
There are three options for shipping seedlings.
- Seedlings can be picked up at: Minnesota State Forest Nursery, 13885 State Hwy. 64, Akeley, MN 56433
- Trees can be shipped by common carrier to any address in Minnesota for $33/1000 or any portion there of (cannot ship to a PO Box).
- Pay shipping at the time of pickup at Detroit Lakes and Little Falls drop point locations (prices vary by location). Nursery must receive your order by March 17, 2017.