Online Aquatic Invasive Species Training for Minnow Dealer Employees
If you are a Minnow Dealer or an employee of a Minnow Dealer (unless you are an employee who only sells minnows at a retail location), you are required by law to complete an online Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) training course prior to taking, selling, or transporting for sale minnows within the state.
- The course is free and takes about an hour to complete.
- You are tested throughout the training and must answer the questions correctly to pass the course (but you may attempt the question an unlimited number of times).
- At the end of the course a certificate with your name on it is generated in a pop-up window. The certificate is the size of a business card. Print the certificate and keep in your possession at all times when taking, selling, or transporting for sale minnows within the state.
- Your certificate is also automatically saved on the DNR website. If you need to save or print more copies, just log back in to your account to find the saved certificate.
- Your training certificate is good for one calendar year. If you take the training in 2015, then your certificate is 2015. In 2016, you would need to take the training again and obtain a new certificate.
- Your training certificate travels with you between employers. Even if you work for multiple minnow dealers or purchase your own minnow dealer license, you still only need to complete this training once every year.
- Each employee at your business needs to register and create their own account. The name of the account holder will be the name that is printed on the certificate when you complete the training.
Computer System Requirements for the training
- Important: Pop-ups must be enabled on your internet browser. Pop-up blockers will prevent you from obtaining your certificate. Make sure you do not have a pop-up blocker on BEFORE YOU START THE TRAINING.
- One of the following web browsers
- Internet Explorer 8 or 9
- Firefox 7.x or later
- Safari 4 or later
- Google Chrome (recommended for Macs or if you are having trouble with Adobe Flash Player)
- Adobe Flash® Player 11 or later
Instructions for the training (MUST READ)
- You must complete the training in one sitting. The training presentation will take approximately one hour. If you exit the training before completion you will have to start again from the beginning. Your test question answers will not be saved.
- You will need to print out your certificate at the end of the training. Make sure you are at a computer that is attached to a printer. Even though the certificate is in color, you may print on either a color or black and white printer.
- You need the sound enabled on your computer so you can listen to the training. (To adjust the volume, click on the speaker icon in the bottom of the screen.) A transcript of the narration is also provided.
- To progress through the training, wait for the narration to complete and then use the forward arrow to move on to the next slide.
- You may use the arrows in the presentation to return to slides you have already viewed. Do not use the back arrow or button on your browser. This will cause you to exit the training and you will have to start again from the beginning. Your test question answers will not be saved.
- You must view each slide in order to complete this training.
- You may pause a slide by pressing the Pause button in the lower left corner. When you are ready to resume the training session, press the Play button in the lower left corner.
- The training contains a series of short quizzes. You must answer quiz questions correctly to advance, but you may take the quiz unlimited times.
- Select "Take the Minnow Dealer Employee Online Training" and follow the directions to complete training.
When you have reviewed all the information, you may take the Minnow Dealer Employee Online Training
Experiencing technical difficulties?
- For further information contact the regional invasive species specialist in your area.
- MN DNR Aquatic Invasive Species homepage
After you print the page out, you should cut the certificate out so it will be a convenient size to carry with you. You may keep it in your wallet, place it in a plastic cover available for luggage tags and attach it to your work gear, buy a lamination sticker from an office supply store, have it laminated at a copying shop, or another process that makes it easy for you to keep it protected and in your possession when working. You may print out as many copies as you'd like.