Online Aquatic Invasive Species Training for Minnow Dealer Employees
If you are an employee of a Minnow Dealer, and plan to work in designated infested waters, you are required by law to take and pass a training course related to Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) prior to working in designated infested waters. This training course is online and will take about 45 minutes to an hour to complete. There are test questions incorporated into the training and you must answer the test questions correctly in order to advance (but you may attempt the question an unlimited number of times). The online training course is free.
Upon completion of the online training a certificate will be generated with your name on it. You will need to print the certificate and have it in your possession at all times when working in designated infested waters. The certificate itself is 3.5 inches wide by 2 inches tall (the size of a business card). After you print the page out, you should cut the certificate out so it will be a convenient size to carry with you. You may keep it in your wallet, place it in a plastic cover available for luggage tags and attach it to your work gear, buy a lamination sticker from an office supply store, have it laminated at a copying shop, or another process that makes it easy for you to keep it protected and in your possession when working. You may print out as many copies as you'd like.
Your training certificate is good until April 9, 2013. You must complete this online training each year in order to obtain a new certificate to continue to work in designated infested waters.
Before beginning the training, please review the tips below:
Tips for the Online Training
- One of the following web browsers
- Adobe Flash® Player 11 or later
Important: Pop-ups must be enabled on your internet browser. Pop-up blockers will prevent you from obtaining your certificate. Make sure you do not have a pop-up blocker on.
Navigating the training:
- You must complete the training in one sitting. The training presentation will take about 45 minutes to one hour. If you exit the training before completion you will have to start again from the beginning. Your test question answers will not be saved.
- You will need to print out your certificate at the end of the training. Make sure you are at a computer that is attached to a printer. Even though the certificate is in color, you may print on either a color or black and white printer.
- You need the sound enabled on your computer so you can listen to the training. A transcript of the narration is also provided.
- To adjust the volume, click on the speaker icon in the bottom of the screen.
- To progress through the training, wait for the narration to complete and then use the forward arrow to move on to the next slide.
- You may use the arrows in the presentation to return to slides you have already viewed. Do not use the back arrow or button on your browser. This will cause you to exit the training and you will have to start again from the beginning. Your test question answers will not be saved.
- You must view each slide consecutively (in order) to complete this training.
- You may pause a slide by pressing the Pause button in the lower left corner. When you are ready to resume the training session, press the Play button in the lower left corner.
- The training contains several test questions. You must answer each question correctly to advance, but if you answer incorrectly, you will be given an unlimited number of attempts to answer the question correctly.
When you have reviewed all the information, you may take the Minnow Dealer Employee Online Training
You will first need to register for an account. Once you are logged in, you will be presented with several options to choose from. Choose the link for "Minnow Dealer Employee Training". Once you have received your certificate, this account will keep an electronic copy (in pdf format) of your certificate. In the future, if you log back in to your account, you can view a pdf of your certificate and print additional copies.
Each employee at the business will need to register and create their own account. The name of the account holder will be the name that is printed on the certificate upon completion of the training.
If you experience technical difficulties during the training, please review this list of Frequently Asked Questions.
- For further information contact the regional invasive species specialist in your area.
- MN DNR Aquatic Invasive Species homepage