Mississippi River Low Flow Management Information
This page offers hydropower facility operators and others on the Mississippi River easy access to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), and National Weather Service (NWS) stream flow hydrographs. In addition, the following links allow hydropower facility operators with appropriate sign-in information to communicate information concerning their operation to other operators without having to make phone calls to the entire Mississippi Low Flow Plan participant list.
System-Wide Low Flow Management Plan Matrix
(includes contacts and other site information)
Current Stream Flow Data
Hover over a stream gage marker to view current discharge and stage information. Click on the marker to view discharge and stage information along with links to site-specific reports from the USGS, NWS, and DNR/PCA.
= flow below trigger
= no trigger flow (or no current data)
Other Useful Links:
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Real-Time Water Data
- DNR/MPCA Cooperative Stream Gaging
- USGS Real-Time Water Data for Minnesota
- National Weather Service Statewide Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Services (AHPS) Map
- National Weather Service Rainfall Forecasts
- Minnesota Statewide Drought Plan
- DNR Drought Monitoring, Procedures, Planning