Please note, venues listed on this page are generally partially and/or temporarily closed. Since conditions can change quickly, the DNR advises people to check the individual state park, state trail, or state forest web pages or call the DNR Information Center at 651-296-6157 or toll-free 888-646-6367 for the latest information.
Temporary road and trail closures are updated Thursdays after 2 p.m.
- Many trails and roads have temporary closures in effect due to wet conditions in state forests, parks, recreation areas and wildlife management areas.
- Road and trail users should pay particular attention to state forest closures. A closed forest means that all roads and trails are closed. Signs will be posted at entry points and parking lots. The closures include all unmarked roads and trails, unless specifically listed.
Temporary closures along trails
- Willard Munger State Trail - Please use caution when snowmobiling on the Willard Munger State Trail near the 123rd parking area for approximately ½ mile heading northeast starting December 5th. Please refer to the map. The Western Lake Superior Sanitation District and contractors will be on site within this segment for 2 weeks so please use caution and obey signing. Heavy equipment and other vehicle traffic will be present in this corridor. Snowmobiles need to slow down through the construction zone as the trail narrows around the work area. The trail will need to be shut down for 2 days within the next 2 weeks when they work on relining the sanitation pipe. Please refer back this website for more information or contact the Area Office at Moose Lake. (Updated 12/4/13)
Temporary closures at state parks
- Beaver Creek Valley State Park - The swinging bridge is currently closed until repair work is completed. Quarry trail is closed. (Updated 7/23/13)
- Jay Cooke State Park - Oldenburg Point and Jay Cooke Road area are closed for construction. (Updated 10/30/13)
Public water accesses
The DNR recommends contacting the nearest DNR area office for more information about whether specific accesses are open or closed.