Please note, venues listed on this page are generally partially and/or temporarily closed. Since conditions can change quickly, the DNR advises people to check the individual state park, state trail, or state forest web pages or call the DNR Information Center at 651-296-6157 or toll-free 888-646-6367 for the latest information.
Temporary road and trail closures are updated Thursdays after 2 p.m.
Notice: Groomed snowmobile trails, as signed, are closed starting Dec. 1 to off-highway vehicles (OHVs) and highway licensed vehicles (HLV's).
Caution: Groomed snowmobile trails exist due to partnerships between clubs, government units and private landowners. Help keep the snowmobile trails open by honoring permission granted to use the trails for snowmobiling only.
Temporary closures along trails
- Luce Line State Trail - Due to necessary trail repairs, the Luce Line State Trail will intermittently close over the next few weeks near Rose Avenue just west of Watertown and near Stubbs Bay Road in Orono. Please use caution in these locations. (Updated 12/4/13)
- Willard Munger State Trail - Please use caution when snowmobiling on the Willard Munger State Trail near the 123rd parking area for approximately ½ mile heading northeast starting December 5th. Please refer to the map. The Western Lake Superior Sanitation District and contractors will be on site within this segment for 2 weeks so please use caution and obey signing. Heavy equipment and other vehicle traffic will be present in this corridor. Snowmobiles need to slow down through the construction zone as the trail narrows around the work area. The trail will need to be shut down for 2 days within the next 2 weeks when they work on relining the sanitation pipe. Please refer back this website for more information or contact the Area Office at Moose Lake. (Updated 12/4/13)
Temporary closures at state parks
- Beaver Creek Valley State Park - The swinging bridge is currently closed until repair work is completed. Quarry trail is closed. (Updated 7/23/13)
- Jay Cooke State Park - Oldenburg Point and Jay Cooke Road area are closed for construction. (Updated 10/30/13)
- Tettegouche State Park - Due to construction, the trails in front of the new Visitor Center will be closed Monday through Friday until further notice. The trail will be open on Saturdays and Sundays when construction activities permit. (Updated 11/4/13)
Public water accesses
The DNR recommends contacting the nearest DNR area office for more information about whether specific accesses are open or closed.