Title. This slideshow requires the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
• View beautiful second-growth northern forest as well as lots of wildlife. Bald eagles, hairy woodpeckers, kingfishers, wood ducks, beavers, and river otters all can be found within this forest.
• Mountain bikers can take their pick between Taconite and Arrowhead state trails to ride through upland portions of this state forest. If you prefer the water, you can take a trip on Little Fork River State Water Trail. The choice is yours.
Canoe / Kayak
12.7 Miles Class I ATV
12.7 Miles Class II ATV
12.7 Miles Off-Highway Motorcycling
12.7 Miles Off-Road Vehicles
Spring temporary trail and road closures are now in effect due to wet conditions. Signs will be posted at entry points and parking lots. The closures include all unmarked roads and trails unless specifically listed.
• Portions of this state forest are classified for the purposes of motor vehicle and OHVs usage as managed, limited, and closed. Refer to state forest map for details.
• Portions of this state forest are located within the Superior National Forest.
• Most roads and trails are open to mountain bikes unless posted.
SPECIAL FEATURES IN STATE FOREST