Twin Points Protected Access
41.6 miles NE of the Duluth Harbor Entry
16.1 miles NE of Two Harbors
10.5 miles SW of Silver Bay.
Lat 47º 9.81 Lon 91º 25.52
This boat launch is located approximately midway between Two Harbors and Silver Bay. It was developed on an old resort site in 2002. Immediately adjacent to the site is the Iona's Beach Scientific and Natural Area and the Gitchi-Gami State Trail. Goosebury Falls State Park is to the southwest and Split Rock Lighthouse State Park is to the northeast.
- 2 ramps (bay and ramps are best for shallow draft boats)
- 150’ crib dock, provides some launch ramp protection and is accessible
- Red navigation light on the end of the crib dock
- 20 car/trailer parking spaces with overflow in the adjacent lot
- Shore fishing along the points