Lodging: Camper Cabins
A Minnesota State Park hidden treasure!
Camper cabins are rustic, one-room wooden cabins that provide basic shelter for visitors who want a "camping out" experience but prefer not to deal with a tent.
Each 12 by 16 foot cabin contains a table, benches, and wooden bunkbeds with mattresses. Most cabins have a screened porch.
Camper Cabin slideshow. This slideshow requires the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
Basic cabins: (no electricity)
- Weekdays (Sun-Thurs) $50 per night (2015 rates: $55/night)
- Weekends (Fri-Sat) $55 per night (2015 rates: $65/night)
Cabins with electricity: (electricity and/or heat)
- Weekdays (Sun-Thurs) $55 per night (2015 rates: $60/night)
- Weekends (Fri-Sat) $60 per night (2015 rates: $70/night)
- Check-in: 3 p.m.
- Check-out: 1 p.m.
- Bathrooms: Camper cabins do not have indoor plumbing but are located in or near the park's campground, where seasonal restrooms, showers, and drinking water are available. Vault toilets are available year-round at all locations.
- Capacity: Up to 6 people (up to 5 people in wheelchair-accessible cabins).
- Cooking: All cabins have a picnic table, fire ring, and grill for outdoor cooking. No cooking is allowed inside the cabins, except for crockpots and coffeepots.
- Electricity: Many camper cabins have electricity.
- Heat: Some camper cabins are heated for year-round use.
- Air conditioning: The camper cabins at Lac qui Parle State Park are air conditioned.
- Firewood: Can be purchased at the park office. Minnesota restricts firewood being brought to or used on DNR lands. More information and vendor list
- Pets: Not allowed in camper cabins.
- Smoking: All cabins are smoke free.
Remember to bring:
- Sleeping bags or other bedding
- Plates, cups, and eating utensils
Make a Reservation
Online reservations can be made 24 hours a day, except for the first day a reservation becomes available. On that first day, reservations cannot be made online before 8 a.m.
A non-refundable reservation fee ($10.00 for call center/$8.50 for web) is charged for each reservation. This fee and camping fees for the entire length of stay must be paid when the reservation is made.