Authorization Forms for Transport of Prohibited Invasive Species and Aquatic Plants
The DNR has several authorization forms to allow boat owners and shoreland owners to transport prohibited invasive species, such as zebra mussels, and aquatic plants in these situations:
- Transport of boat lifts, docks, swim rafts and related equipment with prohibited invasive species attached to a repair or storage location and removal of the prohibited invasive species.
Authorization form - equipment
- Transport of watercraft with prohibited invasive species attached to a repair or storage location and removal of the prohibited invasive species.
Authorization form - watercraft
- Transport of aquatic plants or aquatic plants with prohibited invasive species attached to a disposal location.
Authorization form - aquatic plants
- Transport of construction-related equipment – with zebra mussels or other prohibited invasive species attached – to a maintenance, storage, or disposal facility for removal and disposal of the invasive species.
Authorization form – construction equipment
Authorization forms are not permits and it is not necessary to apply to the DNR to use them.
To use forms, you must:
- Download the appropriate form above
- Print the form
- Fill in the required information and sign the form
- Carry it during transport
These forms are a one-way pass to allow either the transport of prohibited species attached to boats or water-related equipment to a location where the prohibited invasive species must be removed, or to transport aquatic plants to a disposal location. Boats and equipment must have visible prohibited species removed before any subsequent transport to another location or back to the water body where the watercraft or equipment originated.