Watercraft Inspection Internships
The DNR's watercraft inspections are an effort to reduce the spread of aquatic invasive species. Watercraft inspectors conduct inspections at public water access sites on lakes and rivers infested with aquatic invasive species from late April to early October. This position provides face-to-face public education to increase awareness of the threats posed by aquatic invasive species. Watercraft inspectors inform boaters of the laws regarding aquatic invasive species transportation, and show individuals how to inspect and remove aquatic invasive species from their boating equipment before leaving an access.
- Gain natural resource experience
- Work outdoors
- Gain communication and customer service skills
- Protect our water resources
- Be a public educator
- Interns must receive school credit to be eligible
- Positions still available in the following cities: Battle Lake, Detroit Lakes, Pelican Lake, Alexandria, Otter Tail City, Baudette, Walker, Wabasha, Winona, and Brainerd.
Apply online! - This link leads to the State of Minnesota Job Search site. Choose Natural Resources Dept from the Department section and Intern/Student Worker from the Position Type.
For more information, see: Watercraft Inspection Program