SE MN Trout Fishing Regulation Changes
Permanent rule package
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources intends to adopt rule amendments and to repeal rules governing various trout fishing regulations.
The comment period for the DNR's intent to adopt rules without a public hearing that was published in the February 18, 2014, issue of the State Register has passed. No requests for hearing were received. The Department is going to proceed to adopt the rules without a hearing.
- Dual notice of Intent to Adopt Rules published in the Feb 18, 2014 addition of the State Register (www.comm.media.state.mn.us).
- SONAR (Statement of Need and Reasonableness)
- Proposed rule language
Agency Contact person:
Department of Natural Resources
500 Lafayette Road, Box 20
St. Paul, Minnesota 55155-4020
Telephone: (651) 259-5206 or 1-888-MINNDNR
Among the changes to be considered are the following.
- Bring all designated trout streams in southeast Minnesota into the current winter season ("new catch-and-release season").
- Allow angling (catch-and-release) on designated trout streams in SE MN State Parks ("state park season") from October 15th to December 31st.
- Extend the current SE MN fall catch-and-release season to October 15th.