Firewood approved for use on DNR-administered lands includes:
- firewood sold by the DNR and specifically approved for use at a particular state park, state recreation area, state forest campground, or other state land.
- firewood purchased from an approved DNR firewood vendor that meets one of these two conditions:
- non-ash firewood harvested from Minnesota lands within 50 miles of where it will be used. Be sure to keep your receipt to show proof of purchase.
- minnesota Department of Agriculture–certified firewood that has been treated for EAB. Be sure to keep your receipt to show proof of purchase.
- kiln-dried, unpainted, unstained dimensional lumber that is free of any metal or foreign substances. Pallet wood is not approved firewood. Dimensional lumber does not require proof of purchase.
To find a firewood vendor approved for your state land destination, check the DNR approved firewood vendor listing.
Approved firewood bundles