Please note: Our website will be unavailable due to facility maintenance starting at 7 a.m. on Sunday.
Reference Books for Environmental Education - Environmental education resources
- Bredekamp, Sue and Carol Copple (Eds.), Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Early Childhood Programs, revised edition. NAEYC, 1997.
- Danks, Fiona, and Schofeld, Jo, Nature's Playground: Activities, Crafts and Games to Encourage Children to Get Outdoors
- Jones, Elizabeth and Gretchen Reynolds, The Play's the Thing…Teachers' Roles in Children's Play. Teachers College Press, 1992.
- Griffin, Sherri, My Big World of Wonder: Activities for Learning About Nature and Using Natural Resources Wisely, Redleaf Press, 2004.
- Rivkin, Mary S. The Great Outdoors, Restoring Children's Right to Play Outside, NAEYC, 1995.
- Grant, Tim, and Littlejohn, Gail, Teaching Green: The Elementary Years
- Hands-on learning in Grades K-5. New Society Publishers, 2005.
- Cornell, Joseph. Sharing Nature With Children. MD: Dawn Publications, 1998.
- Cornell, Joseph. Sharing Nature With Children II. MD: Dawn Publications, 1999.
- Grant, Tim, and Littlejohn, Gail, Teaching Green: The Middle Years Hands-on learning in Grades 6-8. New Society Publishers, 2004.
- Grant, Tim, and Littlejohn, Gail, Teaching Green: The High School Years Hands-on learning in Grades 9-12. New Society Publishers, 2006.
- North American Association for Environmental Education, Environmental Education Materials: Guidelines for Excellence, 2004. Provides a set of recommendations for developing and selection EE materials.
- North American Association for Environmental Education, Excellence in Environmental Education—Guidelines for Learning (Pre K-12). 2004. Provides a set of common, voluntary guidelines for EE.
- Sobel, David, Place-Based Education: Connecting Classrooms and Communities, The Orion Society, 2004.