Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness
The Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW) is part of the Superior National Forest and is administered by the U.S. Forest Service.
The Minnesota DNR assists with fires and other acts of nature, such as the 1999 blowdown event, but day to day management and trip reservations are managed by the Forest Service.
- U.S. Forest Service BWCAW
- BWCAW reservations (canoeing, camping, day use)
- Canoeing.com: BWCAW entry points and permit info
- BWCA.NET: Your Boundary Waters Guide
- BWCABoard.com Trip planning discussion forum
- Current weather conditions
- Wildfire information